- 1 cup hot cooked grits
- 1 cup freshly shredded pepper jack cheese
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- ½ lb. cooked ground beef, seasoned with Big Green Egg Ancho Chili & Coffee Seasoning
- 6 large poblano peppers
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
Eight hours before the cook, mix together the grits, shredded pepper jack cheese, parmesan cheese, cilantro, and garlic. Add the ground beef. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and place the mixture into the refrigerator.
Set the EGG for indirect cooking with a convEGGtor at 350°F/177°C.
Cut the peppers in half lengthwise, leaving stems intact; remove seeds. Roast on the EGG until the skin blisters; remove from the EGG.
Once the peppers have cooled, spoon the grits mixture into the pepper halves. Sprinkle sharp white cheddar on top of the grits. Place the stuffed peppers back on the EGG. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes and remove from the EGG. Use an EGGniter to crisp the top of the grits. Enjoy!